Certification and Examination Policy for Dataisgood
Effective as of July 20th, 2020
Internal Semester and Final Exam Policy
Registration for Exam:
- Students are required to register for all exams.
- There is no registration fee for semester exams or the final exam.
- However, a fee will be charged for reappearing in any semester or final exam.
- If the program duration is 12 months:
- Semester 1 exam eligibility: 90 days after the start of the batch.
- Semester 2 exam eligibility: 180 days after the start of the batch.
- Semester 3 exam eligibility: 240 days after the start of the batch.
- Final exam eligibility: 270 days after the start of the batch.
- If the program duration is 6 months:
- Semester 1 exam eligibility: 45 days after the start of the batch.
- Semester 2 exam eligibility: 90 days after the start of the batch.
- Semester 3 exam eligibility: 120 days after the start of the batch.
- Final exam eligibility: 150 days after the start of the batch.
- Exam eligibility dates will be adjusted if a student has opted for a different batch start date than their original batch.
Dataisgood Certification Eligibility
- To be eligible for Dataisgood certification, students must maintain a minimum of 70% attendance throughout the course duration.
- To be eligible for Dataisgood certification, students must achieve a minimum combined score of 50% in all internal semester and final exams.
Third-Party Certification and Examination
- Third-Party Certification:
- Third-party certification fee-waiver is only applicable to students participating in specific Dataisgood programs. Please refer to the eligibility criteria, program brochure, or support portal for detailed information.
- Students can earn third-party certification from organizations approved or prescribed by Dataisgood. Dataisgood reserves the right to modify the list of approved third-party certifications.
- These third-party certification exams will be conducted on either Dataisgood’s platform, third-party organization platforms, or Dataisgood affiliate platforms.
- Students may be required to take additional classes and preparations for specific certifications.
- Please note that certification bodies such as IBM, Nasscom, Microsoft, etc., hold their respective trademarks and rights. Students may need to create separate accounts on their platforms, if applicable. It’s mandatory to use the same user details as submitted on Dataisgood on any third party platform so that the user details can be matched.
- In the event of exam failure or reattempt, subsequent exams will be subject to the actual fees specified by the third-party organization, excluding taxes.
- Eligibility for Third-Party Certification:
- Students must successfully clear the internal Dataisgood final exam before becoming eligible for third-party certification.
- Third-party certification eligibility is limited to students enrolled in the specific course that offers the certification.
Exam Failure and Absenteeism:
Dataisgood holds no liability if a student fails any certification exam, including both Dataisgood and third-party certifications. The responsibility to adequately prepare for the certification exams lies with the students. Once a student registers for the exam, the exam date cannot be rescheduled. It is important for students to carefully consider their availability and preparedness before registering for the exam to ensure they can attend the scheduled date and time. Dataisgood does not allow rescheduling of exam dates once registration has been completed. Students are advised to plan their schedules accordingly to avoid any inconvenience.
- Exam Format:
- All certification examinations will be conducted using a Computer-Based Test (CBT) format.
Certification Process Platform:
- Dataisgood will conduct certification examinations using its own platform, partner software, or trusted third-party portals.
- Dataisgood is dedicated to providing a reliable examination process and will make every effort to leverage superior infrastructure and high-end technology to ensure a seamless experience.
- However, it is important to note that while Dataisgood strives for optimal conditions, unforeseen circumstances may arise. In such cases, if there are any technical or logistical challenges, Dataisgood reserves the right to request students to reappear for the exam without charging any additional fees.
- Dataisgood is committed to maintaining the integrity of the certification process and will promptly address any issues to ensure a fair and transparent examination environment.
- If a student fails to appear for the exam after registering for it, the student will be responsible for paying the fee for any additional exam attempt.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure their availability and preparedness for the scheduled exam.
- Failure to attend the exam without a valid reason will result in the student being charged for any subsequent exam they wish to take.
- Dataisgood encourages students to carefully manage their exam schedules and make necessary arrangements to be present for the exams they register for to avoid incurring additional costs.
- To be eligible to appear for any semester of the undergraduate examination, students must have a minimum of 70% attendance in the delivered lectures.
- Students are required to complete internal assessments before appearing for the respective semester examination. Marks obtained in the internal assessments will be carried over in case students fail to pass the course(s).
AI and Remote Proctoring:
- Students must provide consent for AI and remote proctoring.
- The online exam will be remotely proctored, with human proctors supported by AI technology monitoring the session and workspace through a live video and audio feed. This process will be recorded.
- Before the exam begins, the proctor will verify the photos taken by the student.
Dataisgood is fully committed to upholding integrity, fairness, and transparency in the certification and examination process. Our aim is to provide students with a valuable and enriching learning experience that enhances their skills.